High Purity Deionization Resin. Works with all types of mixed bed DI systems.
Deionization Resin is an ionically charged resin that will remove any unwanted elements, compounds, and other contaminants from entering your water. Deionization resin is normally used after a reverse osmosis membrane but can be used on its own. We highly recommend using DI resin after a RO membrane since it will greatly increase the active lifespan of the resin. Purity of water is normally read in Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) with the goal of zero. TDS meters can range in price but are usually less than 30 dollars and can reliably tell you the purity of your water.
Refills 1 standard 2.5" x 10" cartridge
- Empty your RODI systems refillable cartridge of any old deionization resin.
- Add enough Triton Deionization Resin to fill the cartridge 2/3 of the way full.
- Tap the cartridge against a hard surface to force the resin to settle into the cartridge. Then add more resin to fill the cartridge 3/4 of the way.
- Again, tap the cartridge allowing the media to settle.
- Then fill the cartridge to the top and pack the media into the cartridge.
Note: It is important to pack the resin tightly into the cartridge as channeling and settling may occur with improperly packed cartridges. In most cases when the TDS coming out of the DI resin is over 1 TDS it is recommended to change the resin with fresh, new resin.